We believe passionately in fostering a love of music and performing in all pupils. Opportunities to perform are frequent and the standards of music-making achieved are consistently impressive. We also readily embrace all ‘good’ music and there is always a rich musical diversity within programmes.
• 25 ensembles ranging from small chamber groups to the Symphony Orchestra.
• Wide range of musical styles and genres.
• 6 choirs and choral groups, including the acclaimed Chapel Choir.
• 2 Concert Bands, 2 String Orchestras, Big Band.
• 14 chamber groups covering all instruments, from strings to percussion.
• All ensembles directed by members of our exceptional team of specialist staff.
• Regular solo and ensemble performing opportunities each term for all pupils.
• Concerts of all kinds from small and intimate to large-scale take place each term.
• Workshops and masterclasses with professional musicians as part of the department’s Professional Concerts Series.
• Rehearsals take place weekly through the school year.
• Over 450 pupils take part in extra curricular music every week.
• Over 350 music lessons are taught each week.
Wellington School are the First All Steinway School in England.