Head of Sixth Form Welcome
When a student enters the Sixth Form at Wellington, they are invariably excited and a little apprehensive about the challenges that lie ahead. Our aim is to nurture that excitement towards realising the student’s full potential, whilst allaying any fears, so that very quickly, students become emboldened to make good their opportunities with a clear sense of our identity that has been established over many years.
• Democratic working relationships between staff and students (in which high expectations are properly negotiated and understood by all).
• Vibrant teaching and learning (taught in groups no larger than 15)
• A truly diverse social mix of local and international students, who embrace a global perspective on their own and each others’ lives
• A ‘can do’ spirit in which individuals are encouraged and rewarded for their efforts whilst bound by a strong sense of community and commitment to the Sixth Form and School as a whole
• Confident and empathetic students who enjoy what they do and are ambitious for their future.
All of these aspects of our identity are manifested by our students’ consistently excellent performance in public examinations and eventual destinations to the best Universities in the UK, Europe and the USA.