Library and Study Centre
At the heart of the School is the Dukes’ Library and Study Centre. This has been recently refurbished to the highest standard and is a beautifully light and airy building to inspire work and dedicated effort in all pupils.
- Sixth Form students have a dedicated Study Centre which is exclusively for them. With Librarians on hand and access to the latest technology, students can use the space for their Private Study periods and it is kept as a quiet place where everybody respects the right of others to work undisturbed.
- In addition, there is another dedicated study area for the rest of the School. Again, this is a quiet space for private study and “seminar” style experiences. Teachers can bring classes to the Study Centre during lesson time. During break, lunch and after school many pupils choose to do their homework here.
- The purpose built Library offers an exciting range of fiction for all age groups and abilities as well as an extensive collection of non-fiction aimed at supporting the curriculum and stimulating the pupils’ curiosity.
- The Library Management System is web-based and the library catalogue is available from any computer and tablet, thus encouraging and supporting independent study and learning.
- The Library is open and staffed throughout the day by qualified and dedicated librarians. Their aim is to equip pupils with research skills and inspire in them a lifelong love of reading.