Our main seasonal sports are played by pupils across the School. We encourage everyone to participate and there are weekly matches at all age groups.
Autumn Term: Boys' Rugby, Girls' Hockey
Spring Term: Boys' Hockey / Rugby Sevens, Girls' Netball
Summer Term: Boys' and Girls' Cricket, Athletics
In addition to these sports, a wide range of other sports are provided. These include the following:
Basketball, badminton, gymnastics, SAQ [Speed agility and quickness], dance, tennis, squash, pilates, yoga, judo, table tennis and swimming as well as circuit training and general fitness training.
Our recent successes include;
- Jack Turner (recent OW) – GB Decathlete
- Year 10 student is County Champion in the 800m and now waiting possible selection for England schools
- In the Triathle National Championships (continuous shoot, swim, run), a Year 5 came 5th, qualifying for the European and World Championships
- Year 10 came 2nd in the County for 300m hurdles
- Year 11 came 3rd in the County for 400m
- 32 county cricketers in total, from Year 5 to 13. Girls and boys
- 3 players made their senior county debuts. Cornwall, Devon, Somerset
- 4 international players (West Indies/ Scotland / Wales / UAE)
- 2 players have been signed by professional academies. Leicestershire CCC and Glamorgan CCC
- Year 11 pupil has been given a full-time professional contract with Western Storm. She becomes the youngest professional female cricket player in the UK
- Upper Sixth pupil has been selected for Western Storm squad for the 2021 season
- Year 10 pupil has been selected for the U15 Wales cricket team
- Upper Sixth pupil selected for the initial U19 West Indies world cup squad
- Upper Sixth pupil has represented Somerset Second XI and been selected for the initial U19 Scotland world cup squad
- Year 11 pupils has been selected in the initial U19 UAE world cup squad
- We could have 3 current students in the U19 cricket world cup
- Liam Naylor (recent OW) selected for Scotland A full international
Equine: 10 riders competing at international horse shows (including Badminton)
Golf: Year 8 pupil – Somerset and National Independent Schools Association Golf Tournament
Hockey: 3 regional players (South West of England)
Modern Pentathlon: Students selected for Great Britain
Motocross: Year 10 pupil – Winner 1st round REVO British Motocross Championship
- Regional netballer (Southwest of England)
- 8 county players
- Upper Sixth pupil won the championship boys single scull at the National Schools Regatta and is ranked number one in the UK. Due to a medical condition, he has also gained a place on the Paralympic squad but obviously because of Covid restrictions will not be going to Tokyo. He will be going to Paris instead.
- Lower Sixth pupil and the Upper Sixth pupil (above) competed alongside 3800 other athletes at the virtual National Junior Indoor Rowing Championship. Th Upper Sixth pupil won the Year 13 boys 2k race and the Lower Sixth pupil also achieved a PB, coming 4th. The Upper Sixth pupil had the fastest time overall and the Lower Sixth pupil came 10th overall.
- Upper Sixth pupil has been given a contract to play for the Exeter Chiefs Women’s team. She has also been training with England
- 3 regional players (South West of England)
- 8 county players
- Two Year 11 pupils have been selected for the Bristol Bears Future Senior Academy programme. Only 30 players were selected across the South West.
- 4 Bristol Bears U16 Academy players
- Lower Sixth student selected for England (2021)