The ensemble rehearsal times are timetabled during lunchtimes and after school so as not to interfere with academic or sporting commitments. These ensembles perform termly within school and further afield.
• All ensembles are directed by members of our exceptional team of specialist staff.
• There are regular solo and ensemble performing opportunities each term for all pupils.
• Concerts of all kinds from small and intimate to large-scale take place each term.
• Workshops and masterclasses with professional musicians as part of the department’s Professional Concerts Series.
• Rehearsals take place weekly through the school year.
• Over 450 pupils take part in co-curricular music every week.
• Over 350 music lessons are taught each week.
The school presents over thirty musical events each year, ranging from weekly informal concerts, at which pupils perform solo and small group items, to termly full-scale concerts. A musical is staged at least once a year with Sweeney Todd, Oliver!, Madness – Our House, The Dreaming, Evita, Return to the Forbidden Planet, Les Miserables, and Into the Woods being amongst our productions.